200 metres of adrenaline

Sometimes, I feel bikes bring out the "freewheeling" personality in us. Though my intention was not to accomplish the same, I could feel it taking it over after deciding to test riding the new KTM 200.

Prior to riding this 25 bhp devil, I rode a Bajaj Discover 125 cc for 3 years in Bangalore, where I also rode my roommate's Bajaj Pulsar 180 cc. During a booting camp there, we also got to ride the Pulsar 200 and the Pulsar 220.

 




Coming back to KTM.. This happened in Navi Mumbai. I was waiting for a friend outside In-Orbit Mall, and my roving eyes caught the KTM Showroom, with a few youngsters hanging around the bike. I walked in, gave my license details and phone numbers, and got the bike to test ride.

An 18 year old boy, without a helmet or any protective gear, sat behind me. He was apparently their "Test Drive Executive". After a while, I just rode on the road in front, for about 300 metres, and back.

The bike did stop in between, which is when I got a chance to look at its parts a little more carefully. The digital tachometer shows exactly what gear you are moving at, with the speed and fuel indicators. The only trouble would be- while riding at high speeds, how much time will you really have to go through those indicators. It sure would take me at least 3 rides to get this "what is where" idea.

At present, only the KTM 200 is available in India, at a price on 1,30,000 INR (on road, Mumbai).It sure is a machine worth spending on, and if you ride it once, you will be in LOVE!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The face behind MG Hector in India

Read about the latest MG Hector news

New Maruti WagonR- is it better than its predecessor?